Ölpumpe Triumph BD250 W

Fragen, Antworten, Diskussion
125T

Re: Ölpumpe Triumph BD250 W

Beitrag von 125T » 29 Jan 2020: 16 30

Why did I ask you about the cone, Christian:
Last time I've installed the pump, I saw that it has a small play on the cone. This is not normal. It should have been practically "sealed".
However my pump was moving, it had a play. So I decided to put some silicone in this area.
con1.jpg
con1.jpg (175.93 KiB) 667 mal betrachtet
con2.jpg
con2.jpg (109.51 KiB) 667 mal betrachtet
I did this because I thought the oil could bypass the pump, not just go through it.
---I hope you understand, because it is very difficult for me to express these technical terms in another language---
As I said, I put on silicone, and things changed radically. Within 10 minutes of engine running, I had an oil consumption of only 3ml.
So from well over 100ml to 3ml. It's a huge difference.
Note that I am still on the "0" setting (no pulse). For the moment I am still using synthetic oil.
Of course, road tests are needed, as you said.
But what do you think about the things I described above?

Christian Wolf

Beitrag von Christian Wolf » 29 Jan 2020: 19 42

different cones make no sense. Therefore Triumph would have needed new tools and that makes the costs higher.
You can look at the parts list if there are different numbers for the pump. But I don´t think so.
Using silikone is dangerous. It can close the hole or the tube and then no more oil will come to the cylinder.
I haven´t had this problem.

125T

Beitrag von 125T » 29 Jan 2020: 20 03

1. different cones make no sense. Therefore Triumph would have needed new tools and that makes the costs higher.
2. You can look at the parts list if there are different numbers for the pump. But I don´t think so.
3.Using silikone is dangerous. It can close the hole or the tube and then no more oil will come to the cylinder. I haven´t had this problem."
1. Yes, I think that too, but I said to ask. We know that everything has been standardized, made to be as easy to repair, and the parts to be interchangeable. It would be absurd for Triumph to have manufactured several types of pumps. It would not have been good either for the War effort, not just for business.
2. I don't have a Parts List. During the restoration, I had only a few files from the Manual.
3. I did not put the silicone as I drew with red in the pictures. In fact I used very little, because I knew that by pressing, it will stretch anyway.
I did something like this:
cone angle 3.jpg
cone angle 3.jpg (133.67 KiB) 662 mal betrachtet

125T

Beitrag von 125T » 29 Jan 2020: 20 07

What it is certain right now is that the oil consumption has decreased significantly.

Antworten